A good choice for breakfast.
Semolina (Rawa) – 2 cups
Chickpea Flour (Besan) – 1/4 cup
Yogurt (Dahi) – 1/4 cup
Onions – 1 medium sized, finely chopped
Green Chillies – 2-3, finely chopped
Coriander leaves – Small bunch, finely chopped
Curry Leaves – 4-6, finely sliced
Turmeric Powder – 1 tsp (optional)
Coconut – 2 tbsp, finely grated
Salt – To taste
Oil – As required
1. Soak the semolina in sufficient water for 3-4 hours, best left overnight.
2. Drain the excess water and add the flour and yogurt, mix well to avoid any lumps.
3. Add the remaining ingredients, mix well and let the mixture stand for 10- 15 minutes.
4. Heat a flat pan, add a little oil and spread it. Add about 2-3 tbsp of the batter and spread to make a pancake.
5. Cover the pancake for 2-3 minutes with a lid.
6. Sprinkle a few drops of oil on the top of the pancake and turn over to cook for a few more minutes. Serve with yogurt or chutney.