Thalipeeth, a multi-grain pancake of sorts, is a popular Maharashtrian snack. This is the jowar-only version of it.
Jowar Flour (Sorghum Flour) – 2 cups
Onions – 1 medium sized, finely sliced
Green Chillies – 2-3, finely chopped
Coriander leaves – Small bunch, finely chopped
Salt – To taste
Oil – As required
Water- As required
1. Mix all the ingredients, adding just a teaspoon of oil to make a soft dough.
2. Take a clean muslin cloth and dampen it.
3. Take a small ball of dough and flatten it into an even roti with your fingers.
4. Heat a flat pan, add a little oil. Pick the roti with the cloth and transfer it on to the pan, face down & remove the cloth slowly.
5. Sprinkle a few drops of oil on the roti and turn over to cook for a few more minutes. Serve with yogurt or chutney.